How to guide to setup a call center at home
Are you forced in considering to stop your call center business in the amidst of a coronavirus pandemic outbreak? Think again, is it even necessary? Working from home is viable option and it a necessity since call centers serves a huge number of business by handling inbound and outbound calls for sales and marketing, lead generation, customer service, support, and more. Moreover, a large number of companies have opted for working from home, it is imperative that call centers be working in the time of crisis to support and aid all the business to operate at its full capacity.
Before we get into the details of setting up a call center at your home, let us know the basic requirement for business owners to set up their call center.
Establish your purpose
First thing first before anything determine which type of call center are going to start. Is it a inbound calls, outbound calls, telemarketing, or web-enabled one.
- Inbound calls involve you taking customers query and question and answering them or provide tech support.
- Outbound calls implies you to make calls and sell a product or service or setting up appointments.
- Telemarketing is advertising a product or service to customers by describing of its special features.
- Web-enabled service enables clients to call you by clicking the call button on a website. All you have to do is provide necessary details about the product or service.
Prioritize your staff
A company’s customer service is only as good as it product. A company’s support service provides a sense credibility in the customer’s mind. Therefore, regardless of the position of you employees all must possess excellent communication skills and abundant product or service knowledge to explain all the possible details and questions regarding the product and service. Watch for skilled employee and facilitate necessary training for them.
Organize your processes
Now your team needs internal procedures, practices and scripts to follow each say in order to talk to your customers
Implement technology and equipment
So now that you’ve established your call center mission and hired an amazing team and built successful scripts. You’re ready to start answering calls, right?
Not quite, call centers can’t operate without modern technology. With the advent of technology, we witness amazing technology that makes the task easy and simple. With technology like cloud telephony you can seamlessly enable best in class cloud based communication system. Cloud telephony is SaaS based model which hosts itself on the cloud and obtained on subscription basis. For setting up a cloud telephony based call center model, we don’t require any hardware or software. It can be accessed by any location on web browser of any choice and a device of any choice such as computer, laptop, mobile, tab, pads for that matter.
Now coming to the features of cloud telephony setup.
- This cloud telephony setup will be up and running at no initial investment and maintenance cost. As the server is hosted by the cloud telephony service provider, maintenance and hardware requirement is taken care by the provider.
- Cloud telephony even offer mobility. Since the SaaS based model is accessible form any location it aids in both making and taking calls from any location.
- Offers highly scalable solution, as your company or organization grows so does the cloud telephony service can easily scale up to meet your business need.
- Offers fully-Integrated all in one cloud communications platform, organize all the business call details at one place. As cloud telephony offers a single dashboard wherein you will get all the details of inbound, outbound and missed call.
- Now coming to the advance feature that will escalate your call center to a new level such as call recording, auto dialler, toll free number, Call log reports, integration with CRM, auto attendant or digital receptionist, call barging, call queuing, call transfer, IVRS, Reports & Analytics, missed call service, Click to Call, etc… With these enhanced features, you can ensure your team is operating seamlessly and providing the best possible service.
Employing CRM system
CRM systems help you track, monitor, manage and maintain customer relationships, track sales leads, marketing, and pipeline, and deliver actionable data. Employing a CRM system is every much necessary once you hit a certain number of call volume.
Track your performance and report
Tracking metrics of any call center must analyze the rate of customer satisfaction, contact quality, and abandon rate. By employing measures to quantify all these metrics with the help of cloud telephony solution with help you monitor and improve their call center service.
Setting up your call center at home
Now that you have learnt most important step taken in order to setup up a call center, setting up your existing call center is easy task as it involves cloud telephony setup with you.
If you have an existing call center or you are setting up a new one, converting it to home model is easy.
For new setup you need to follow the different steps provide above to setup a call center setup and both existing and new setup call center must take care of the following to make their call center setup fully functioning.
The most important step is to make sure that your employees are equipped with the necessary tools. Here is a list of thing you need, a headset, a good internet connection and a computer system or laptop. Executives can receive and make calls directly on their computer/mobile phones or landlines whether-letting them work from home, remotes office or on the move.
Stable internet connection
The company should make sure that each and every employee has access to internet connection and power backup to ensure prevent power outages.
Establishing chat groups
Chat groups can be established in order to enable for fast and efficient communication between employees. They can even employee video conferencing tools such as for Skype, Google Hangouts, Zoom or other video conferencing tools for better communications
Login & Monitoring
Team leads and managers must remotely monitors the Employee Login Schedule.
It’s imperative that the workers have the right call center equipment, environment, technology, and software that will make maintaining a remote workforce effective.
Cloud telephony features are not only suitable for call center purpose and setting up call centre at home but any number of companies that has a customer service, sales, marketing department and any company whose business runs of calls. You can boost productivity by deploying cloud telephony service any streamline and ease all your calling process. To get hands on experience on cloud telephony solution provided by MCUBE visit www.mcube.com