Are you considering stopping your call centre solution for your business during a coronavirus pandemic outbreak? Think again, is it even necessary? Working from home is a viable choice and is a necessity since call centres serve a massive number of businesses by handling inbound and outbound calls for sales and marketing, lead generation, customer service, support, and more. Moreover, a large number of companies have opted for the working-from-home model. Call centres must be working in crisis to support and aid all businesses to operate at their total capacity.
Before we get into the details of arranging the call centre at your home, let us first examine the basic requirements for business owners to set up their call centre.
Establish your purpose
First thing first, before anything, determine which type of call centre solution is going to start. Is it inbound calls, outbound calls, telemarketing, or web-enabled ones?
- Inbound calls involve taking customers’ queries and questions and answering them or providing tech support.
- Outbound calls imply you make calls and sell a product or service or set up appointments.
- Telemarketing advertises a product or service to customers by describing its unique features.
- Web-enabled service enables clients to call you by clicking the call button on a website. You need to provide the essential things about the product or service.
Prioritize your team
The company’s customer service is only as good as its product. A company’s support service provides credibility in the customer’s mind. Therefore, regardless of the position of your employees, all must possess excellent communication skills and great product or service knowledge to explain all the possible details and questions regarding the product and service. Watch for skilled employees and facilitate necessary training for them.
Organize your processes
Your team needs to follow internal procedures, practices and scripts daily to talk to your customers.
Implement technology and equipment
So now that you’ve established your call centre mission, hired a fantastic team, and built successful scripts. You’re ready to start answering calls.
Not entirely; call centre solutions can’t operate without modern technology. With the advent of technology, we witness unique technology that makes the task straightforward. You can seamlessly enable best-in-a-class cloud-based communication systems with technology like cloud telephony. Cloud telephony is a SaaS-based model which hosts itself on the cloud and obtains on a subscription basis. We don’t require hardware or software for setting up a cloud telephony-based call centre model. It can be accessed by any location on the web browser of any choice and a device such as a computer, laptop, mobile, tab, or pad, for that matter.
Now, coming to the features of cloud telephony setup.
- This cloud telephony setup will run at no initial investment and maintenance cost. As the cloud telephony service provider hosts the server, the provider takes care of maintenance and hardware requirements.
- Cloud telephony offers high flexibility and mobility. As the SaaS-based model is accessible from any location, it aids in making and taking calls from any site.
- It provides a highly scalable solution; as your company or organization grows, the cloud telephony service can quickly scale up to meet your business need.
- Offers fully-Integrated in one cloud communications platform, organizing all the business call details in one place. As cloud telephony provides a single dashboard, you will get all the inbound, outbound and missed calls.
- Now coming to the advanced feature that will escalate your call centre solution to a new level, such as call recording, autodialer, toll-free number, Call log reports, integration with CRM, auto-attendant or digital receptionist, call barging, call queuing, call transfer, IVRS, Reports & Analytics, missed call service, Click to Call, etc. With these enhanced features, you can ensure your team operates seamlessly and provides the best possible service.
Employing CRM system
CRM systems help you track, monitor, manage and maintain customer relationships, track sales leads, marketing, and pipeline, and deliver actionable data. Employing a CRM system becomes very much necessary once you hit a certain number of call volumes.
Track your performance and report
Tracking metrics of any call centre solution must analyze the rate of customer satisfaction, contact quality, and abandon rate by employing measures to quantify all these metrics with the help of cloud telephony solutions to help you monitor and improve your call centre service.
Setting up your call center at home
Now that you know the essential steps to set up a call centre. Setting up your existing call centre is easy as it involves cloud telephony setup with you.
Converting it to a home model is straightforward if you have a current call centre or set up a new one.
You need to follow the steps provided above to set up a call centre for a new setup. Both existing and new setup call centres solution must take care of the following to fully function their call centre setup.
The most crucial step is ensuring that your employees are equipped with the necessary tools. Here is a list of things you need, a headset, a good internet connection and a computer system or laptop. Executives can receive and make calls directly on their computers/mobile phones or landlines, letting them work from home, remote office or on the move.
Stable internet connection
The company should ensure that each employee can access an excellent internet connection and power backup to prevent power outages.
Establishing chat groups
Chat groups can be established to enable fast and efficient communication between employees. They can even employ video conferencing tools such as Skype, Google Hangouts, Zoom, or other tools for better communication.
Login & Monitoring
Team leads and managers must remotely monitor the Employee Login Schedule.
To maintain a practical remote workforce, workers must have the right call centre equipment, environment, technology, and software.
Cloud telephony features are suitable for call centre purposes and setting up a call centre solution at home but any number of companies or businesses with customer service, sales, and marketing departments and any company whose business runs calls. You can even boost productivity by deploying cloud telephony service any streamline and ease all your calling processes. Cloud telephony’s advanced features such as IVR, Call recording, virtual number, number masking, miss call service, bulk SMS, toll-free number, click to call and call monitoring to offer better customer service and experiences and increase revenue. To get hands-on experience on cloud telephony solutions provided by MCUBE, visit https://www.mcube.com/.